UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
UN Women, among other issues, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; empowerment of women; and achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women resources
- UN Women Annual Report: https://www.unwomen.org/en/digital-library/publications/2014/6/annual-report-2013-2014
- Summary Report: The Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action turns 20: https://www.unwomen.org/en/digital-library/publications/2015/02/beijing-synthesis-report
- Beijing+20: Past, present and future. The representation of women and the United Nations system: https://www.unwomen.org/en/digital-library/publications/2015/03/the-representation-of-women-and-the-united-nations-system
- The World Survey on the role of women in development 2014: Gender equality and sustainable development: https://www.unwomen.org/en/digital-library/publications/2014/10/world-survey-2014
- Extracting Equality — A Guide: https://www.unwomen.org/en/digital-library/publications/2014/11/extracting-equality—a-guide
A comprehensive list of UN Women publications can be found on their website by clicking here.