Women’s Leadership Institute Australia (WLIA) exists to catalyse and inspire innovative partnerships, action and system-changing solutions to address the imbalance of women in leadership positions in Australia.
WLIA has compiled a list of resources on facts about women in leadership in Australia. It includes current statistics, the reports that analyse these statistics as well as interesting research and activities that are occurring overseas. It can be found on their website by clicking here, or below.
Australian Reports on Women in Leadership
- Property industry: where are you on gender diversity?, Ernst & Young, November 2014.
- Australia’s gender equality scorecard: Key results from the WGEA’s 2013-14 reporting data, WGEA, November 2014.
- Why corporate Australia’s gender policies need to be wound into their DNA, BlackRock Investments, July 2014.
- Supporting Working Parents: Pregnancy and Return to Work National Review, Australian Human Rights Commission, July 2014.
- Beyond if not, why not: the pathway to directorship for women in leadership, Korn Ferry Institute, May 2014.
- It Starts With Us: The Leadership Shadow, CEW and Male Champions of Change, March 2014.
- In his own words. The male perspective on gender diversity, EY, October 2013.
- Not yet 50/50: Barriers to the progress of senior women in the Australian Public Service, ANZSOG Institute for Governance, July 2013.
- The role of women in unlocking Australia’s productivity potential, EY, July 2013.
- Appointments to ASX200 Boards, AICD, realtime figures, ASX data.
- WGEA 2012, Australian Census on Women in Leadership, Workplace Gender Equality Agency, 2012.
- Women in Leadership, Understanding the Gender Gap, CEDA, June 2013.
- Gender Balance on Australian Government Boards Report 2011-2012, FaHCSIA, November 2012.
- Gender Equality Project, Targets and Quotas, Melbourne Business School, May 2012.
- ASX Boardroom Diversity Index, Women on Boards, January 2012.
- Women and Leadershipand Gender Equality Stats 2009, HREOC Sex Discrimination Commission.
- ASX 500 Women Leaders, 2010 Reibey Institute.
Social and Economic Issues Regarding Women in Leadership
- What’s choice got to do with it?, The Australia Institute, August 2013.
- Men at Work, 100% Project, July 2013.
- Liberal Women in Parliament, Margaret Fitzherbert, July 2012.
- Why Stuffing the Pipeline is not Enough, UNSW, September 2012.
- What stops women from reaching the top?, Bain & Co, CEW, November 2011.
- Women in Leadership: What Will It Take to Get Australia on Target? as well as Women in Leadership: Engaging Australian Business, Ernst & Young, November 2011.
- Navigating CEO Appointments: Do Australia’s top male and female CEOs differ in how they made it to the top?, Terence Fitzsimmons, September 2011.
- Women in Leadership: Engaging Australian Business, Ernst & Young, 2011.
- ASX100 Women on Board Analysis, Citigroup, August 2011.
- Hiring women in executive roles a ‘business imperative’, Macquarie Group, May 2011.
- Equality Means Business, UN Women, National Committee Australia, March 2011.
- Top Women on Australian Boards, The Mayne Report, 2011.
- Unconscious Bias, Positive Leadership, 2010.
- Australia’s Hidden resource; The Economic case for increasing female participation, Goldman Sachs JB Were, November 2009.
International Statistics and Research
- Womenomics 4.0: Time to Walk the Talk, Goldman Sachs, May 2014.
- Moving mind-sets on gender diversity: McKinsey Global Survey results, McKinsey & Co, February 2014.
- Empowering the Third Billion, Booz & Co, October 2012.
- Women at the Wheel: Do Women Drive Start-Up Success?, Dow Jones, September 2012.
- Quick Takes Research: Global Board Seats Held by Women, Catalyst, August 2012.
- Quick Takes Research: Australia, Canada, Israel, South Africa & United States, Catalyst, August 2012.
- Untapped Talent: Women Managers in Asia, The Economist, July 2012.
- Women in the board room, Credit Suisse Research Group, July 2012.
- Female parliamentarians and economic growth, Development Policy Centre, Crawford School of Economics, May 2012.
- Women Matter, Making the Breakthrough, McKinsey & Company, 2012.
- A Gender Reversal on Career Aspirations, Pew Research Centre, April 2012.
- Global Gender Gap Report 2012, World Economic Forum, 2012.
- Good Intentions, Catalyst, 2012.
- Report from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, 2011 Report on the application of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights
- Unlocking the Full Potential of Women in the US Economy, McKinsey & Company, 2011.
- Women in the board room: A global perspective, Deloitte, November 2011.
- Board Brief: Why Gender Diversity Matters, Jacqueleyn and Gregory Zehner Foundation and Silverleaf Foundation, 2011.
- OECD Gender, Institutions and Development Database, WikiGender, 2012.