Nicola Wakefield-Evans is a business leader and non-executive director with broad ranging commercial, business management, strategy and legal experience gained over a 30 year international career.
Nicola Wakefield-Evans was Managing Partner, International at King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) in Hong Kong where she was responsible for the overall governance and strategic positioning of the business in the Asia region. In addition to holding a number of senior management and leadership roles, Ms Wakefield-Evans has had a diverse career as one of Australasia’s leading lawyers. Ms Wakefield-Evans has been involved in a number of significant and ground-breaking M&A transactions and has advised some of the largest companies in Australia, Asia and globally. She has extensive international experience having worked in Australia, New York and Hong Kong.
Ms Wakefield-Evans was included in the Australian Financial Review and Westpac Group’s inaugural list of ‘Australia’s 100 Women of Influence’. She is a member of Chief Executive Women Inc.
Ms Wakefield-Evans holds a Bachelor of Jurisprudence and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales and is a qualified lawyer in Australia, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
Listed Company Directorships (held within the last three years)
- Non-Executive Director of Lendlease Group Limited (appointed September 2013)
- Non-Executive Director of Macquarie Group Limited (appointed February 2014)
- Non-Executive Director of Viva Energy Group Limited (appointed August 2021)
Other Current Appointments
- Chair of 30% Club, Australia
- Director of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation
- Director of UNSW Foundation Limited
- Director of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Director of Chief Executive Women
Board Committee Memberships
- Chairman of the Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Nomination Committee
- Member of the Audit Committee
- Member of the Risk Committee